Does the bar dry my hair?
No. Our bars do not dry your hair. On the contrary, our shampoo bars are enriched with conditioning agents that help nourish and smooth your hair, and our conditioner bars are all about that. We also don’t use detergent sulfates which can dry out hair and pull out hair color.
Does the bar remove my color?
No. We do not use harsh detergent sulfates that can pull out hair color. If you have colored hair, we recommend our shampoo and conditioner bar for dry and color treated hair which are enriched with oils that help retain hair color.
How do I use the shampoo bar?
- Wet your hair and your bar2. Massage the bar onto your hair, using gentle circles to summon suds
- Set the bar aside and use your hands to work the lather into your hair
- Rinse well and follow up with conditioner as needed
- Dry and enjoy lighter, brighter hair
How do I use the conditioner bar?
- Use on wet, pre-shampooed hair
- Wet your bar with warm water. Activate it by massaging it between wet hands.
- Glide bar over hair, away from scalp, coating any areas that need conditioning. Bar releases conditioning formula gradually over time
- Massage the formula into hair as needed
- Rinse, dry, and enjoy light, nourished hair
Is it soap?
No. We set out to make the world’s lightest shampoo, not the world's most mislabeled soap. That distinction is worth making because as demand grows for shampoo bars, beauty companies are scrambling to get in on the trend –– throwing together quick formulas that are more soap than shampoo.
While soap is great for hand washing, it’s horrible for hair washing, ultimately leading to long-term damage. That’s why in all of our formulas, we avoid saponification (the chemical reaction that produces soap) –– ultimately creating shampoo that is exactly what it says it is: the lightest. shampoo. ever. In other words, not soap.
How do I store it?
Drainage and proper drying between use is essential to keep your bars in good shape. While the bar is in the shower, it’s best to keep it on a well-draining surface that allows lots of air flow around it. Our shapes are optimized to minimize surface area. That's why our shampoo bars have a UFO shape (narrower bottom for less surface area) and our full size conditioner bars have a square shape (to store on side).
How do I transport it?
The best way to transport our bars is to store in our alu storage cases or other carrying case. Also look at instructions on the sleeve of the case:
- Flip lid under bottom of case to improve drainage
- Let bars fully dry before closing storage case.
- Always drain water from case and ensure bars don't sit in water.
What happens at the end of the bar?
First of all, feel the good pride at the end of your bar, because you have made a difference! If shampoo bar breaks, put pieces into the soap bag and use as you would use as shampoo bar. The bag is made from organic cotton to avoid use of plastic and drainage off micro-plastic with water run off from shampooing. Always make sure that nothing you use in the shower contains any plastic (like polyester) as that causes microplastics in the water system that harm you, your loved ones and the planet.
DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS?
Yes we do! Check our policy here