What it is
Add moisture, tame flyaways, and nourish & protect your hair with a proprietary blend of plant-based & vegan actives that are proven to reduce frizz, improve color maintenance, and enhance protection against heat and UV damage.
Why it's special
- Unique blend of Abyssinian Oil Esters and plant-derived silicone alternatives that are scientifically proven to reduce frizz and fly-aways, minimize combing force, enhance thermal protection and promote softness and shine
- Forms a light protective layer on hair to protect it from external stressors and damage as well as from fast fading of color
- Gentle grapefruit oil for a light, fresh scent experience
- 100% clean, plant-based, vegan, cruelty-free, silicone-free, and plastic-free
- Portable and TSA-approved
- Wrapped in compostable wrapper and packaged in recycled and recyclable cardboard box with non-toxic inks and water-based adhesives
- Fits perfectly in our plastic-free Beauty-to-Go Case
Read all reviews
Save with sets
How to use
- Gently massage bar between dry hands to release serum onto palms.
- Work into clean, towel-dry hair or pat onto dry hair, focusing on mids to ends.
- Use sparingly, a little goes a long way.
- Make sure hands are completely dry when you handle the bar.
- Tore in a cool, dry place as bar will soften in heat. If heat is unavoidable, cool bar in refrigerator before using it.
- Your bar might break at the end of its life when it gets small. To use leftovers, break off a small piece and rub between finger tips to melt down; then spread and massage into your hands.
Does the bar dry my hair?
No. Our bars do not dry your hair. On the contrary, our shampoo bars are enriched with conditioning agents that help nourish and smooth your hair, and our conditioner bars are all about that. We also don’t use detergent sulfates which can dry out hair and pull out hair color.
Does the bar remove my color?
No. We do not use harsh detergent sulfates that can pull out hair color. If you have colored hair, we recommend our shampoo and conditioner bar for dry and color treated hair which are enriched with oils that help retain hair color.
Is it soap?
No. We set out to make the world’s lightest shampoo, not the world's most mislabeled soap. That distinction is worth making because as demand grows for shampoo bars, beauty companies are scrambling to get in on the trend –– throwing together quick formulas that are more soap than shampoo.
While soap is great for hand washing, it’s horrible for hair washing, ultimately leading to long-term damage. That’s why in all of our formulas, we avoid saponification (the chemical reaction that produces soap) –– ultimately creating shampoo that is exactly what it says it is: the lightest. shampoo. ever. In other words, not soap.
How do I store it?
Drainage and proper drying between use is essential to keep your bars in good shape. While the bar is in the shower, it’s best to keep it on a well-draining surface that allows lots of air flow around it. Our shapes are optimized to minimize surface area. That's why our shampoo bars have a UFO shape (narrower bottom for less surface area) and our full size conditioner bars have a square shape (to store on side).
Rhus Verniciflua Peel Cera,Stearic Acid,Cetyl Alcohol,Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax,Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate,C13-15 Alkane (plant-based),Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil,Ethyl Macadamiate,Coco Caprylate/Caprate,Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables,Triheptanoin,Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides,Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil,Citral*,Linalool*,Limonene*
* From natural essential oils
Significant reduction of carbon emission compared to bottled hair serums
Free shipping on orders over $20