avocado oil + shea butter shampoo bar for dry, damaged, frizzy hair
The best shampoo for reviving dry, damaged, and color-treated hair.
What it is
Good to knowDry, damaged hair? We can work with that. This formula was made to counteract dryness, damage, and to protect your color treatment with revitalizing nourishment. A science-backed blend lathers luxuriously, locking in moisture and bringing you sweet, sustainable relief in the form of lighter, loveable hair.
Why it's special
- Gentle cleanses while nourishing hair shafts, locking in moisture and protecting color for optimum softness and shine
- Proprietary blend of sulfate- and soap-free cleansing agents, avocado oil, shea butter and plant-based silicone alternatives that nourish hair without weighing it down
- Quick-forming, luxuriously sudsy lather
- Plant-based, vegan, silicone-free, sulfate-free, palm-free, and and free of plastic and microplastic
- Long-lasting - full size bar is equivalent to 2 to 3 bottles of liquid shampoo
- Packaged in recycled and recyclable cardboard boxes with non-toxic inks and water-based adhesives
- 100% soap-free, pH balanced, safe for color treated hair
Rated 4.8 out of 5157 Reviews Based on 157 reviewsRead all reviews
Save with sets
How to use
- Wet your hair and your bar
- Massage the bar onto your hair and scalp, using gentle circles to summon suds
- Set the bar aside and use your hands to work the lather into your hair
- Rinse well and follow up with conditioner as needed
- Dry and enjoy lighter, brighter hair
Does the bar dry my hair?
No. Our bars do not dry your hair. On the contrary, our shampoo bars are enriched with conditioning agents that help nourish and smooth your hair, and our conditioner bars are all about that. We also don’t use detergent sulfates which can dry out hair and pull out hair color.
Does the bar remove my color?
No. We do not use harsh detergent sulfates that can pull out hair color. If you have colored hair, we recommend our shampoo and conditioner bar for dry and color treated hair which are enriched with oils that help retain hair color.
Is it soap?
No. We set out to make the world’s lightest shampoo, not the world's most mislabeled soap. That distinction is worth making because as demand grows for shampoo bars, beauty companies are scrambling to get in on the trend –– throwing together quick formulas that are more soap than shampoo.
While soap is great for hand washing, it’s horrible for hair washing, ultimately leading to long-term damage. That’s why in all of our formulas, we avoid saponification (the chemical reaction that produces soap) –– ultimately creating shampoo that is exactly what it says it is: the lightest. shampoo. ever. In other words, not soap.
How do I store it?
Drainage and proper drying between use is essential to keep your bars in good shape. While the bar is in the shower, it’s best to keep it on a well-draining surface that allows lots of air flow around it. Our shapes are optimized to minimize surface area. That's why our shampoo bars have a UFO shape (narrower bottom for less surface area) and our full size conditioner bars have a square shape (to store on side).
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate,Tapioca Starch,Aqua (Water),Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate,Shea Butter,Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil,Citric Acid,Linalool*,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride,Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil,Mentha Piperita Peppermint Leaf Oil,Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil,Citrus Aurantium (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil,Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil,Limonene *,Geraniol*
*from natural essential oil